Wednesday 26 October 2011

Prince


Well, you have to give him credit, when you are born a midget in Minneapolis, Minnesota, you either are a genius or you are scarred for life for what nature did not give you. Luckily Prince Rogers Nelson, not only was born with an enchanting name but with a voice and talent much larger than him and life. His physique and his sex appeal helped him climb his way up to stardom and, of course, to controversy. Perfectly grommed and with permed hair, his eye make was impeccable and his costumes were a perfect mix of a new romantic and a medieval poet with a much more outrageous vision on hookers uniform and "My own private idaho" looks. A much hazier and revolutionary love life emerges to the public eye, thanks to the likes of Madonna and Sinéad O´Connor, who were more than colleagues to become lovers. He even changed his name to the symbol, a mix of Egyptian cryptologie and gender signs. What else can you expect from him...Oh yes! Did I mention that he starred on his own musical-Opera film titled "Purple rain" which, by the way, is his favourite colour. I had been lucky enough to seen him twice in concert, and let me tell you; hands down the best concert I have ever been to... ever! Seeing these pigmy standing on lucite heels and singing "alphabet street" or "when doves cry" gives me something to talk to my grand-children! Oh Prince if only you were taller you would be my perfect lover!