Thursday 27 October 2011

The Little Mermaid


Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection is complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything? Look at this trove, treasures untold. How many wonders can one cavern hold? Looking around here, you'd think: Sure, she's got everything! I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty. I've got who's-its and what's-its galore! You want thing-a-mabobs? I've got twenty. But who cares? No big deal. I want more! I want to be where the people are. I want to see, want to see them dancing! Walking around on those...What do you call them? Oh! Feet. Flipping your fins, you don't get too far. Legs are required for jumping, dancing, strolling along the...What's that word again? Street! Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun! Wandering free, wish I could be part of that world! What would I give if I could live out of these waters? What would I pay to spend a day, warm on the sand? Bet you on land they understand. Bet they don't reprimand their daughters! Bright young women, sick of swimming. Ready to stand, and ready to know what people know. Ask them my questions and get some answers. What's fire, and why does it...What's the word? Burn! When it's my turn? Wouldn't I love? Love to explore that shore up above. Out of the sea, wish I could be...Part of that world!