Tuesday 12 January 2010

Louis Garrel


Well...What can I say?! He is so good looking and intense that is only normal that I feature him as one of my favourite things... But shallowness apart he is a really good actor, which is only normal coming from such a long tradition of great actors and directors running in his family. He hitted the jackpot with Bertolucci´s film The Dreamers, alongside Michael Pitt and Eva Green, where he proved that he is not intimidated by difficult roles or scenes involving nudity. He makes a perfect impression of a grumpy French lad, cause I believe he really is like that in real life. Some other films where he plays are the ones directed by Christophe Honoré like Ma mére, Dans Paris or Chansons d´amour... The first one showcased a fragile Louis being in love with his mother (Isabelle Huppert) and being raped by her mum´s best friend (Joanna Preiss) in other words, a twisted tale set in the Canary Islands... He won the Cesar for new upcoming actor thanks to Les amants réguliers in 2006, but he won my heart ever since I lay eyes on him! If you cannot get enough of him, check his web-site:
http://www.louis-garrel.com/
You will thank me for life...