Wednesday 20 January 2010

Balenciaga Automne Hiver 2002-03





For me, is without a doubt the most innovative collection of his for the house of Balenciaga, and it has been my favourite collection in several seasons. That Nicolas Ghesquiére is a genius is no surprise, but who could imagine that mixing the Yeti with Vasili Kandinsky´s work will turn out to be such a refreshing take on the world of ready to wear. I remembered I had the pleasure to go to this fashion show in New York, while I was living there. It was held nearby his avant-garde Chelsea boutique on twentysecond street between ninth and tenth Avenues. The crowd was anxious  and the collection impeccable, giving me goosebumps throughout the eighteen minutes long of the show. When I came out of there I realize that it would be very difficult to witness such a brilliant brainstormed collection for some time... I was right, nothing has left me knocked out the way this one did!