Wednesday 2 November 2011

Skulls


My darkest side flourishes, maybe cause is a direct influence of Halloween, but I had always been obsessed with skulls, collecting them in all shapes and sizes! In my collection some actual real human tĂȘtes found at 'The Dispensary' in New York or traditionally Folk boxes with 'carecas' from Mexico. No wonder artists like Damien Hirst use skulls as a constant in his work, or why Nicola Formichetti chose Rick Genest aka 'Zombie Boy', with a full on skull tattoo in his face, for his latest Mugler ad campaign. Skulls are defying beauty ever since you are born. Me, having a ridiculous obsession for cheekbones as sharp as knives, was given by nature round and high up cheeks, very Asian and the contrary to my wishes, I would say. If to that you add that models like Natasha Poly owe her success to her perfect bone structure, very much like a skull, we end up wanting to starve to achieve our razor blade profile. Death has never looked so good!