Friday 20 August 2010

Prada Primavera - Estate 2002

Imagine having a grandpa´s pyjama as a starting point to develop a whole Spring Summer collection, well then, thanks to Miuccia Prada it is not only possible, but it looks extremely good too. One of my favourite collections of this brainy Milanese pationate woman, Miuccia executed a flawless wardrobe of Seventies geometric prints combined with cashmere cardigans and lavish jacquards for a modern and contemporary take on workwear meets sleepwear. I was studying in London at the time and I remember when the collection arrived on the shop floors I was desperate to grab first digs on it, obviously my bank account grabbed it too! I still wear the collection´s signature silky pyjama shorts and shirts with contrast pipping, and believe me, it still looks as fresh as the first time ever worn. To embodice this quirky collection a wave of new Belgian models(Anouck Leperè and Hannelore Knuts) met up with Brit sensation Jacquetta Wheeler and Ohio beauty Jessica, a mix as explosive as visually stunning! Our daily uniform has never been so cozy...Grazie mille Miuccia!