Wednesday 3 February 2010

Kate Bush

Born in Kent in 1958, Catherine Bush is my favourite female vocalist, reigning on the first spot of a large list I own of my prefered singers. Discovered by David Gilmour she started her career at nineteen with the hit album `The kick inside´. Her fabulous voice and eccentric looks won over both the public and critics, allowing her to hit the top charts with `Wuthering heights´, which was clearly inspired by Emily Brontë´s classically romantic novel. My heart starts beating every time I hear her voice and I can listen to `Running up that hill´a thousand times non stop on a loop without getting bored or tired of it. Without big budget videos she managed to cause a big impact, if not pay attention to the video shown above, `Babooshka´, where a chelo and a veil is just enough to get a stunningly visual result. If you run to the nearest music store, I will solidly suggest to buy `The whole story´, a compilation of her greatest hits...Okay, okay... Or you can also simply download it from i-tunes or using Limemire for free and against the law downloads!